< Last Month | Updates Archive | Next Month >
| Site Last Updated:
- Reading Optare Spectras: 703 left Great
Knollys Street again on 29th with the top deck covered over. It's destination is still to
be confirmed, whilst reports of it being sold to Yorkshire Traction via Scania seem to
have been incorrect.
- First Berkshire Fleet List: 65632
transferred to First Essex on 17th. The official movement date for 65629 is now given as
16th whilst 46924 is 17th rather than 20th and 21st as previously quoted. Thanks to Mat
Wooll for this.
- First Berkshire Fleet List: 65629
transferred to First Essex via repaint on 20th. 46924 is confirmed as a transfer from
Slough to Bracknell, moving on 21st. Thanks to Mat Wooll for this.
- Courtney Coaches Fleet List: DAF DB250 /
Plaxton President T137 AUA is on site, probably on loan. Thanks to Derek Bradfield for
- Weavaway Travel Fleet List: Former J29 UNY
is now with Tanet Valley. Thanks to Trystan Williams and Dave Godley for this.
- Reading Transport Fleet List: 193 has been
sold to Shoreys Travel, Maulden ending Mk1 Metrobus operation at Reading Transport. 628
has been sold to Charlton Services, Oxfordshire where it will either join or replace
former sister 616. 82 has been taken out of reserve and returned to service by 7th
September. Buyers have been found for 11-17, although they will not depart until the new
OmniDekkas arrive. 818, previously thought to be an ex-demonstrator, is in fact to be a
new vehicle (although maybe it could have originally been destined to become a
demonstrator?) and will be registered YN55 NJZ. 703 has reappeared at Great Knollys
Street, although no repairs have been made yet. Thanks to Brian Coney for this.
- Reading Transport: New links to photos of former
68 (1), 68 (2) and 620 by Michael Bennett and
Richard Hudson added
- Reading Transport Vehicles Types: Page
updated with new total of 197 vehicles (130 Reading, 38 Newbury, 29 Goldline) plus 17 on
- Reading Transport Optare MetroRiders:
Text about 624, 626 and 628 updated
- Reading Transport Optare MetroRiders After RTL:
Text about 628 updated
- Reading Transport MCW Metrobuses: Text
about 193 updated
- Reading Transport Leyland Titans: Former 68
has passed to Wiltax, New Haw, Surrey this month from Centra themselves who acquired the
vehicle with Thames Bus a year or two ago.
- Reading Transport Leyland Olympians: Text
about 82 updated
- First Berkshire Fleet List: 65629/30/32 have
temporarily transferred to service at Bracknell, pending transfer to Essex. Thanks to
Brian Coney for this. 65724-6 entered service on 12th as expected.
- Courtney Coaches Fleet List: G17 DER passed
to Mike's Travel, Kempshott, R430 DGU to M&M Travel and K159 EJB to Magpie Travel all
during August 2005. Thanks to Brian Coney for this.
- Thames Travel Fleet List: Sort term loan
T546 HNH was swapped for Dart SLF T564 PNV on 24th August. 305 returned on 2nd September,
but T564 PNV is to be retained temporarily. 270 was returned off lease to Dawson Rentals
on 3rd September. Thanks to Brian Coney for this.
- News Page: RMC for Job and Career
Opportunities Exhibition. Thanks to James Cusworth for this.
- Reading Optare Spectras: Photo of former 751 added with Shamrock Buses. Thanks to David Oborn
for this photo.
- News Page: Trolleybus update - with photo
of 186. Thanks to Peter Day for this.
- Reading Transport Fleet List:
Olympians 83-87 departed for Shamrock Buses on 31st August. It is confirmed that 82-85
were placed into reserve from July, but not 86 as previously thought. Titans 77 and 78
departed on 1st September for their new owner Trustline Services (not Transline), ending
Titan operation at Reading. 626 arrived at Reading on 30th August for withdrawal, with 628
following on 1st September. 624 transferred to Newbury on 1st September. It is also
confirmed that 818 is definitely in addition to the recently announced order for 16 new
OmniDekkas which will now be 819-34. Thanks to Brian Coney for this.
- Reading MCW Metrobuses: Text about 193 and
subsequent owners of 143-49 updated
- Reading Leyland Olympians: Text about 82-87
- Reading Leyland Titans: Text about 77-78
- Reading Optare Solos: 104 was on loan from
Reading to Newbury from 18th July to 1st August inclusive to cover for native 116 which
was receiving attention elsewhere. Thanks to Brian Coney for this.
- First Berkshire Fleet List: The three new
Wright Solars for the Madejski Park and Ride are 65724-6 registrations LK55 ABZ/ACF/ACJ.
Thanks to Brian Coney for this.
- Reading Transport Fleet List: The
ex-demonstrator OmniDekka is to become 818
- Stagecoach in Oxfordshire and Warwickshire Fleet
List: 31333 was due to transfer back from Nuneaton to Leamington today, and
40147 back from Leamington to Nuneaton in return. Warwickshire County Council 34398 is
expected to transfer from Rugby to Nuneaton for changes to the CHAT! services tomorrow.
Details of the services that specially branded 13644/47/50/51 are to operate on can be
found at the Green bus website.
20212 has received a new MegaRear for Ropewalk Shopping. Thanks to Tim Moss for this.
- Horseman Coaches Fleet List: S608/9 VAY and
T866/8/9 JBC have been sold to a dealer in South Wales. Thanks to Derek Bradfield for
< Last Month | Updates Archive | Next Month >