Deltas with Ensignbus
Former Reading Optare Deltas 505/6 have joined Ensignbus' operational fleet as their 605/6 on route X80 between Chafford Hundred and Bluewater via Lakeside. They wear full Ensignbus blue and silver livery.
506 on 24th July 2006. Thanks to Bob Stanger for this.
Preserved AEC Regents 4 and 47 made appearances across Reading this evening on the British Trolleybus Society's annual tour of the area by preserved bus.
The first stop on the tour was at the old Henley Road terminus where 4 is caught on camera.
Dating from 1935, 47 is an AEC Regent whilst 4 dates from 1957 and is an AEC Regent III. 4 left the fleet in 1991 and was the last rear entrance crew operated vehicle withdrawn from Reading prior to the brief period of AEC Routemaster operation associated with Reading Mainline.
Heading back along Henley Road towards the Town Centre and Southcote the vehicles paused by the restored bus shelter.
Having continued to Southcote Dwyer Road the buses reversed and headed for the A4, passing Horncastle on the way to Savacentre, then they went up Pierces Hill to Turnhams Farm, back to Mayfair, Tilehurst Road, Castle Hill, Caversham Heights and then back to the start outside Odd Fellows Hall on Oxford Road.
At the end of the evening a route 17 OmniDekka is seen passing 47 and 4.
New Home for Olympians
Olympians 11 and 12 were sold through Ensign (dealer) to Whippet last month, and now Richard Haughey has kindly sent this photo of 11 fully repainted and in operation.
Taken on 1st July 2006. Thanks to Richard Haughey for this photo.